Thursday, February 8, 2007

How It's Made

There is a show on The Science Channel called, How It's Made. If it were not for my lovably geeky husband I would not even know this channel nor this show ever existed. However, I'm a concrete person. I want to know the details of whats going on. I LOVE to fix things, like my sons play cash register that we dismantled and rebuilt twice last summer. We are not a TV filled household. We are not TV aholics I should say. Nor are we extreme. Some family members don't own a TV so in our circle. we're pretty normal...I'm getting off track. Jacob enjoys a 15 minute show now and then and he is getting a bit to old for Noggin and Sprout. Although, I'm still in love with the Backyardigans. Anyway, This show, How It's Made, is a perfect blend between our love for tinkering and a short TV quickie. The 30-minute show explains how three or four different items in our everyday lives are made. Items like hockey sticks, bread, toilets, plastic bags, Aluminum Foil, Snowboards, Contact Lenses, Compact Discs, Mozzarella Cheese, Pantyhose, Fluorescent Tubes, Copy Paper, Jeans, Computers & Plate Glass just to name a few.

We've watched how golf balls are made about 5 times. Kinda makes me lovably geeky too I guess. I urge you to check it out, you might just find yourself with a growing toolbox of your own.

No comments: